Friday, April 23, 2010

Look & you shall find

I have been bargain shopping a few times since my last post. I will hit on a couple of different topics in this post.

Bookfind
My oldest son loves the Magic Tree House series. He has a couple of books in the collection that he owns, but otherwise we check them out from the library (free!). My mom took him with her to a thrift store the other week & they found several of the MTH books for 50 cents each! The next day I had him "earn" money, one quarter at time, for his 'book fund'. That afternoon we were back at the thrift store & bought 5 more MTH books for $2.50. That was a steal of deal!

Why not just stick with the free stuff at the library? Good question, he is a child that will read the books several times & then of course we have 2 more children right behind him. I thought this was a good deal.

Diapers
There have been some incredible diaper deals lately. Yes, I am still buying diapers even though my youngest turned 3 last month. I keep reminding myself that I have potty-trained 2 other boys. Surely this one will not enter Kindergarten in diapers. I digress. Just a week or so ago I purchased Huggies diapers for $3.99/jumbo pack! The store was a having a GREAT sale & I had coupons.

Be sure to link up your coupons to a website that tells you where the best deal is when combining store sales + coupons. If you are in the NC you can probably use the same site I use: http://www.wral.com/5onyourside/smartshopper/ The site is updated a few times each week to give you the best drug store deals from the Sunday paper inserts; then on Wednesday for the new grocery deals & coupons.

Razors
I racked up at Target last week. They had mens razors on clearance (50% off) & I had a $3 coupon. Chris will not need razors again this year & they were about 30 cents each for quality razors.

Personally speaking, I follow Clark Howard's advice on razors & I get a few months out of each one--honestly I do! After each use I dry it with my towel, or you can use your hair dryer. This keeps the razor free from buildup & rust & you can get a longer life from your razor.

Fundraiser
I told my children I would post about their fundraiser for Haiti. Our soon-to-be 7 yr old & our 5 yr old are doing a kids triathlon in July to raise money for a specific family in Haiti that lost their home. If you are saving as much money as we are these days & you want to spend a little of it here the link to donate: (click or copy & paste)
http://www.familyhm.org/FamilyHealthMinistriesEarthquakeReliefEvents.html#kids Donations are tax deductible & all amounts are greatly appreciated!

Stay tuned for my next post coming soon..it's all about sugar & elementary school lunches....

Happy saving!
Early

No comments:

Post a Comment