Wednesday, February 24, 2010

High Class Bargains

Sexy Side of Thrifty is only a little over a week old & I am already getting 'thrifty' reports from my friends when I see them! I love it! Last week I was talking to girlfriend & she told me about the Junior League Bargain Box. The Junior League Bargain Box is located in Cameron Village (Raleigh). After she sang their praises and spoke of the Gucci purse & Jimmy Choo shoes she got at an incredible bargain, I knew I had to check it out.

I descended upon the bargain box w/my almost 3yr old in tow. I arrived a few minutes before they opened & found a couple of people waiting outside. These are the serious bargain seekers. A gentlemen immediately told me of the layout of the building & where to the find the 'new' items they were putting out on the floor today.

The thrifty side of me was ecstatic when I entered & saw the 1/2 price sign for non-VIP items (in a different area of the store). I was told by sales associates, as well as, customers this was the end of the fall/winter merchandise & to return on March 2 when all the spring items will be making their debut.

Even though this was the end of season, I still found some great deals. The best bargain I got was a pair of Lucky jeans for $5!! I also bought another pair of very hip jeans (that I wore to the Black Eyed Peas concert Friday night), a high quality collegiate sweatshirt for my husband, and an Under Armour thick workout shirt (for cycling), a belt for one of my boys, & a very cute green purse. The Grand Total came to ....drum roll please....$19.40 including tax!! Talk about a GREAT bargain!

For those of you who do not live in Raleigh, you can contact your local Junior League to see if they have something similar. Of course, you can always scour thrift stores, which I highly recommend. I will be going to several thrift stores in the coming months & reporting my findings on here. Please feel free to share your great bargains!

1 comment:

  1. I hear the Greensboro one is good too. Haven't checked it out myself yet but your story may be just the inspiration I need to do so soon!

    ReplyDelete